Customer Verification Specialist with French
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
Are you interested in a career in the ever-evolving payments world? The role of an Onboarding Agent is to facilitate the verification process for our clients- small to medium businesses from all across the globe. At the same time the Onboarding team ensures that SumUp is following the highest compliance standards and is compliant with all applicable AML regulations.
What you'll be doing in this position
- Communicate with newly-registered merchants via email (only non-voice communication)
- Review and verify merchants’ registration documents
- Resolve varying levels of queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify and report any trends in merchant queries to senior staff
- Follow best practices and company policies and procedures
- Identify changes which can be made that will improve efficiency and customer experience
- Be equally comfortable working on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent command of French and English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You are a strong team player and able to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Strong time management and organizational skills, able to prioritize your own tasks.
- Flexible and open to change, meaning your have the ability to react and adapt to changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn. You are conscientious with a “can-do” attitude and a proactive work ethic
- Previous experience in handling a high volume of support email queries would be an advantage
- Comfortable working with data
- Startups thrill you! You’re able to identify yourself with them and you know (or at least have an idea) of what awaits you when working for one
- Good computer literacy
- Opportunity to be a partner with SumUp in achieving its goal to becoming the first global card acceptance brand.
- A startup work environment, passionate, collaborative and results oriented
- Empowerment of employees to fulfill their role in the organization.
- Hybrid work model
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp
- 10 days educational vacation
- Additional health insurance and Multisport card
- Short decision-making channels with flat hierarchies in a “non-call-center atmosphere”
- Performance bonuses
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.